Cook these chops with the fat on to maintain moisture, it will blend with the stock to make it really tasty.
- 1 onion, chopped small
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped small
- 250g of mushrooms sliced
- 800g of pork chops
- 1 large handful of olives
- 1 heaped tsp of Dijon Mustard
- 1 large tablespoon of Creme Fraiche
- 100ml of stock
- a handful of fresh sage
- salt and pepper
- In a large casserole dish, fry the garlic and onions gently in a large knob of butter for 5 minutes
- Add the celery and mushrooms and continue to fry for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened
- Add the pork chops and brown them.
- Now add the mustard, olives, sage, seasoning and stock, cover and transfer to the oven at 160 deg C for one hour. The meat should be falling apart when done
- Mix through the creme fraiche before serving with non starchy veg of your choice and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese if you fancy it.