This is a wonderful comfort Low Carb food, the lamb mince is naturally fatty and the cheesy topping makes it really filling.
- 1 onion
- 2/3 cloves garlic
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 450 g minced lamb
- 200g sliced mushrooms, aubergine or courgette
- 150g mozzarella
- 200ml full fat greek yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 400ml stock
- 1 large knob of butter
- salt/pepper to taste
- Sautee the onion and garlic in the knob of butter until softened.
- Add the lamb mince and brown fully.
- Now add the tinned tomatoes, stock, herbs, spices and salt & pepper and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the grill
- To make the topping, blend the cheese, egg and yoghurt together with a stick blender
- Pour the meat mixture into a heat proof dish, top with the sliced mushrooms, aubergines or courgettes.
- Now pour the blended yoghurt cheese mixture over and grill for 15-20 minutes until nicely brown
- Serve with a green salad or low carb veggies